To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version
9.0.124 or greater is installed.
CIVIL AVIATION LAW OF ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
EDITED BY EGYPTIAN CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Civil Aviation Law of Arab Republic of Egypt
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission in writing from the Ministry of Civil Aviation
Law No.28 of year 1981
on the Enactment of Civil Aviation Law (*)
In the name of the people
President of the Republic
The People's Assembly passed the following law and it’s hereby enacting:
Anything related to civil aviation shall be governed by the provisions of the attached law.
The following shall be repealed:
1-Law no.19 of 1920 on the government’s monopoly on airports.
2-Law no.57 of 1935 on air navigation.
3-Law no.639 of 1953 on establishing airports’ approach, commute and safety areas.
4-Law no.269 of 1959 on the organization of work at the airports.
* Official Gazette (issue no.17) on 23 April, 1981, and amended by virtue of laws no:
-92/2003, (official gazette, issue no.25 on 19 June 2003)
-136/2010, (official gazette, issue no.25 bis. on 27 June 2010)
5-The decree issued on May 23rd, 1935 on the organization of air navigation.
6-The decree issued on May 5th, 1941 on the control rules of air navigation.
7-The President of the Republican decree no.1506 of 1958 on the organization of aviation education.
Any other provision contradicting with the provisions of this law shall also be repealed; the current executive regulations and decrees shall remain valid if not conflicting with the provisions of this law until they are amended or repealed.
This law shall be published in the Official gazette, and shall come into force from the following day of publication date.
This law shall be sealed by the State Seal and shall be implemented as a State law.
Issued at the Presidency of the Republic on Jumada Al-Akhar 4th, 1401 (Hijri),
(April 9th, 1981 A.D.).
Anwar El Sadat
Section One Definitions
Article 1(*) Definitions:
In applying the provisions of this law, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings ascribed thereto:
1. The State: Arab Republic of Egypt.
2. The Competent Minister: the Minister responsible for the Civil Aviation’s affairs.
3. The State Territory: the adjacent regional territories and waters subject to the sovereignty of the State and the airspace above.
4. Egyptian Aviation Information Region: airspace with specific dimensions; in the scope of which the Aeronautical Information Services and Alerting shall be performed and which shall be announced in the Egyptian Aeronautical Information Publications.
5. State of Registry: the State where the aircraft is registered.
(*) Amended by law no. 136 of 2010.
6. Chicago Convention: the Convention on International Civil Aviation signed in Chicago on December 7th, 1944 and the applicable annexes and amendments thereof which the State is a party thereto.
7. Aircraft: any machine that can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air other than the reactions of the air against the earth’s surface.
8. Aeroplane: a power-driven heavier-than-air aircraft, deriving its lift in flight chiefly from aerodynamic reactions on surfaces which remain fixed under given conditions of flight.
9. The Investor: any natural or juristic person investing in one of the civil aviation activities.
10. The Operator: any natural or juristic person operating in one of the civil aviation activities.
11. State of the Operator: the State where the operator’s management headquarter, or his permanent place of residence if the operator does not have a headquarter, is located.